Henry Blodget Net Worth

Henry Blodget net worth: Henry Blodget is an American businessman and equity research analyst who has a net worth of $25 million dollars. Henry Blodget was born in Manhattan, New York in 1966. Henry is the son of a commercial banker.
Henry Blodget is a member of Richest Business

Age, Biography and Wiki

Who is it? Journalist, Business Analyst, Writer, Editor
Birth Year 1966
Birth Place United States
Net Worth: $25 Million
Gender: Male

💰 Net worth: $25 Million (2021)

Some Henry Blodget images

He graduated from Yale University and then taught English in Japan. He moved to San Francisco and supported himself by giving tennis lessons while he pursued writing. He worked as a proofreader for Harper's Magazine and was a freelance journalist. He joined on with Prudential Securities' corporate finance training program in 1994. He then moved to Oppenheimer & Co. working in equity research. His 1998 prediction that Amazon.com stock would jump in price gained him notoriety. He soon started working for Merrill Lynch and earned up to $12 million a year. He appeared often on CNBC. Blodget invested $700,000 in tech stocks just days before the dot-com bubble burst and accepted a buyout from Merrill Lynch in 2001.

Blodget was charged with civil securities fraud by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in 2003. He is permanently banned from the securities industry and had to pay $4 million. After leaving Wall Street, Blodget became the co-founder, Editor in Chief, and CEO of Silicon Alley Insider. The website is now known as BusinessInsider.com and is extremely popular. In 2007 he published The Wall Street Self-Defense Manual: A Consumer's Guide to Intelligent Investing. In 2011 he started co-hosting The Daily-Ticker for Yahoo! Finance. On September 29, 2015, it was revealed that 88% of BusinessInsider had been acquired by German media conglomerate Axel Springer for $343 million. That brought Axel Springer's total stake up to 97%, with Amazon.com's Jeff Bezos owning the remaining 3%. It is believed that at the time of the sale Henry Blodget owned 5-10% of BI, giving him a windfall of $17 – $34 million.